Channel Your Inner Star
1. Tom Cruise in Risky Business:
- Men’s over-sized dress shirt
- Wayfarer sunglasses
- White Slouch socks
- Pretend like you’re singing into a microphone and slide around on your socks.
2. Mike “The Situation” Sorrentino & DJ Pauley D:
- Orange body paint or sunless tanner, to be applied to any exposed skin to achieve that Jersey Shore Glow
- Hairspray, be sure a small hurricane can’t move your hair. For Pauley D, use a hair dryer to make your hair stand up.
- Tight graphic t-shirt: For Mike, you’ll want to constantly lift up the shirt to show-off your painted on abs.
- Athletic shoes
- Aviator sunglasses: Keep these shades on all night and for Mike, situate them lower on the bridge of your nose.
- Over-sized headphones: If you’re going for Pauley D’s look.
- Long, straight dark hair complete with a large poof. Consider a wig and bump-it if you weren’t born with the long, dark locks.
- Short dress: Preferably animal print.
- Large hoop earrings
- Rhinestone sunglasses
- Fake nails
- Slippers or slipper boots (think, UGGs)
4. Lady Gaga:
- Skin tight black skirt, preferably pleather
- Suit jacket: This can be colorful or just plain black, but must have huge shoulders! This is a great second-hand store purchase.
- High heels
- Long, straight platinum blond hair with bangs. There are lots of Gaga-inspired wigs available.
- Over-sized retro sunglasses
- Bright red or pink lipstick
5. Clark Kent:
- Dark men’s suit (or suit jacket and jeans)
- Men’s white dress shirt
- Superman T-shirt (or make your own with a plain blue tee and colored tape)
- Clear glasses
- Act as if you’re ripping off your button-down to transform into Superman.
6. Sarah Palin:
- Wear your hair in an updo
- Square eyeglasses
- Women’s business suit
- Nude pantyhose
- Satchel: Add an I Alaska sticker for good measure.
- Make sure to practice your accent!
7. Malibu Barbie:
- Wear your hair curly and poofy (hairspray is your friend)
- Bronzer: Give yourself a deep “tan”
- Hot-pink or neon colored dress: The shorter the better.
- Oversized sunglasses
- Don’t forget to be uber-perky and act a little ditzy.
8. Johnny Depp as Jack Sparrow:
- White billowy button down shirt
- Loose billowy pants: Tuck into boots
- Dark colored boots or hiking boots
- Striped scarf: Use as a cloth belt wound around waist
- Braided long hair: Look for dread-lock wigs if your hair isn’t long enough or dark colored
- Dark red scarf: Wrap around head
- Fake gun: Tuck into your belt
- Wear lots of eyeliner and walk with a swagger.
9. Taylor Swift:
- Wear your hair long, curly and preferably blonde (opt for a wig if needed)
- Summery dress
- Cowboy boots
- Carry a guitar or microphone.
10. Orbit Gum Girl:
- White, tailored dress
- Colorful neck scarf
- Blonde, curly voluminous hair
- Carry around a pack of Orbit gum and act super perky saying things like, “Fabulous,” “Dirty mouth? Clean it up!” and “For a good clean feeling.”
- White crew neck t-shirt
- Green sweater vest
- Use red tape to write a large “Q” on the front of the sweater
- Khaki shorts
- Wear a pair of white underwear (whitey-tighty kind) over the khaki shorts.
- Belt: Tie around your forehead, use wire to make the end of the belt stand up.
- Red cape: Use fabric or a towel for this.
- Tennis shoes and white crew socks
12. Marilyn Monroe:
- White halter dress
- High-heeled shoes
- Wear short, curly blond hair or wig
- Apply red lipstick and a beauty mark.
- Act like your dress is being blown up and dramatically hold it down.
- White jumpsuit: This will definitely be a secondhand store item or you can wear white bell-bottoms and a white button down shirt with a high collar.
- Gold belt
- Gold aviator sunglasses
- Slicked back, black hair
- Be sure to strike disco poses at random, gyrate your hips often and talk in a deep voice with your lip curled.
14. Rachel (Glee):
- White button-down shirt
- Cardigan sweater
- Checkered skirt that matches or compliments your sweater
- Knee high socks
- Dark shoes
- Carry a microphone, act overly perky and superior, and randomly start singing.
15. Cheer-ios (Glee):
- Short red skirt: Make your own out of fabric if needed.
- A tight red tank-top
- Use white and black colored tape to write “WMHS” on the tank and outline the neckline.
- Red and white pom-poms
- White tennis shoes and white ankle socks
- Wear your hair in a tight ponytail
16. Mr. Shuester (Glee):
- A button down shirt
- Vest or sweater vest
- Dress pants
- Dark shoes and dress socks
- Lots hair gel
- Randomly burst into song or begin dancing boy-band style.
17. Emma (Glee):
- Pastel, short-sleeve sweater shirt
- Cardigan sweater in the same color, different shade. Either wear it over the shirt or tie it around your neck. You can always just button up the cardigan all the way and skip the sweater shirt
- Long, pencil skirt
- Conservative heels
- Girly jewelry
- Wear your hair curled under and act super proper and talk in a high-pitched voice.
18. Sue Selvester (Glee):
- Red track suit
- White gym shoes
- Carry a megaphone and walk around with a scowl. Have a list of insults on hand.
19. Luna Lovegood:
- Radish earrings: Make your own wild earrings (they don’t have to be raddishes) using beads, string, a wine cork, earring parts, etc.
- Pink tweed coat: Check-out secondhand stores.
- Spaced out skirt: Use printed fabric if you can’t find a skirt.
- Blue tights
- Layer brightly colored slouch socks
- Bright colored shoes
- The Quibbler: Print out these pages from harrymedia.com and tape them to a notebook.
20. Harry Potter:
- White button-down shirt
- Yellow and red striped necktie
- Grey sweater
- Dark dress pants
- Dark shoes and dress socks
- Black robe: Use an old black sheet.
- Round glasses with tape around the nose piece.
- Use eyeliner or face paint to create a lightning bolt ‘scar.’
- Wand: Use a thin stick or roll brown construction paper to make your own.