What Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up?
1. Mad Scientist:
- White lab coat: Check out a second-hand store.
- Necktie: Have this loosely tied around your neck so that it looks disheveled.
- Dress pants and shoes
- Fake nerd glasses
- Stick your hair straight up, carry around beakers, test tubes, eye droppers, and a text book.
2. Librarian or Teacher:
- Conservative pencil skirt
- Cardigan sweater: Button all the way up.
- Fake glasses: Keep the glasses on a chain and wear low on the bridge of your nose.
- Wear your hair in a bun and put a pencil behind your ear. Carry around books and an apple.
- If you want to go for the substitute teacher look, put a note that says “Kick Me” on the back of your shirt, have chalk eraser marks all over your clothing, stick a paper airplane in your hair.
3. Police Officer:
- Dark blue dress pants
- Blue short-sleeve dress shirt
- Aviator sunglasses
- Leather belt: Stick handcuffs, a walkie-talkie and baton to the belt.
- Badge and patches: Use construction paper to create or print out templates.
- Draw on a handlebar mustache.
4. Disc Jockey (DJ):
- Big jeans: Wear low on your hips
- Over-sized graphic shirt: Look for some sort of concert t-shirt or dark colored shirt
- Wear large headphones: Have one ear in the headphones, the other out.
- Celebrity style sunglasses
- Pretend to be ‘scratching’ records and mixing music. Walk with a swagger and keep the sunglasses on all night.
- Bathrobe: Have pill bottles and a TV guide sticking out of the pockets.
- Pajama bottoms
- Wear curlers in your hair covered with a scarf.
- Carry around a martini and cigarette.
- White, short-sleeved button down dress (or tennis dress): Attach a red cross made of construction paper.
- White apron: Tie around your waste and have thermometers, tongue depressors, cotton balls, etc sticking out of the pockets.
- Nurses cap: Make out of stiff white paper or foam.
- Wear white ankle socks and white shoes.
- Dress pants
- Button-down shirt
- Long, white lab coat
- Make a name tag for yourself out of construction paper.
- Wear a toy stethoscope around your neck and have tongue depressors sticking out of your pockets.
- Black pants
- Black t-shirt
- Black rubber boots
- Yellow rain jacket: Use black tape to create stripes down the arms and around the waist.
- Wear a plastic fireman’s hat from the dollar store
- Use make-up or charcoal to make your face smudgy
- Suit pants or skirt
- Dress shoes or heels
- Trench coat: Wear with the collar turned up.
- Fedora: Second-hand stores usually have a selection of fedoras or similar hats.
- Leather gloves
- Dark sunglasses
- Carry a magnifying glass and hide behind corners and furniture.
10. Construction Worker:
- Jeans or overalls: If overalls, unbutton one side.
- Plaid, long-sleeve shirt
- Work boots
- Tool belt with tools sticking out
- Hardhat: Find a lightweight, plastic version at the dollar store.
- Carry a lunch box and whistle at girls as they walk by.
11. Cowboy or Cowgirl:
- Jeans or jean skirt
- Plaid shirt
- Cowboy boots
- Cowboy hat
- Girls, wear a neck scarf and braid your hair.
- Boys, chew on a blade of grass
- Ride on a hobby horse (broomstick horse) and talk with a country twang.
- Dark pencil skirt and matching suit jacket
- White blouse or button-up shirt
- Wear a neck scarf
- Low heels
- Wear your hair in a bun and act super perky. Direct people to a seat, the exit, or just the kitchen for a drink.