There is a big difference between fact and myth. There are several diabetes myths and rumors that people consider to be facts and we wonder how many of us can differentiate between the two. Think you know a lot about diabetes? Can you differentiate fact from fiction?
The Truth Behind Diabetes
Do you want this info graphic for your website or blog? Simply copy the HTML code below the image
Did you Know?
- Someone is diagnosed with diabetes every 17 seconds!
- 25.8 million people suffer from diabetes in the United States. That’s 8.3% of the population.
- 285 million people have diabetes all over the world.
- Roughly 30% of people with diabetes 40 years of age and over have some form of loss of feeling in their feet.
- In 2007, diabetes-related costs were $174 billion dollars.