Science is constantly changing and improving our lives. There are many articles on how the science of diabetes is changing lives. There are so many types of articles on the subject and below are just a few sources.
- Metabolism slow because of Type 2? Here is an article explaining why!
- Do you remember the Jonas Brothers? Well the youngest member of the band, Nick, was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes when he was a tween. He is now a huge advocate for the health of people with the disease.
- Medical News Today has a significant section on Diabetes news. Check it out for all things about diabetic science.
- Science Daily published an article on how a drug used for Type 2 Diabetes can help those with Type 1. The study was performed by Newcastle University.
- They also have a huge section on Diabetes types 1 and 2, similar to Medical News.
- Adam Duvall of the Cincinnati Reds talks to ESPN about his Type 1 Diabetes. His goal is to “overcome [it] one day at a time”.
- Socks4Life has a great section on The Truth About Diabetes, Diabetes and Your Feet, and Celebrities with Diabetes.
About 9% of the population in the US has diabetes. That is about 29 million people. So it is likely that someone you know, or even you may have the disease. There are many ways to treat the symptoms of diabetes and one of the ways is keeping your feet happy and healthy, and you can do that with Diabetic Socks.
Why do I need special socks?
Adults with diabetes typically have problems with their feet and diabetic socks are important to help keep feet healthy. According to VeryWell.com Diabetic Socks are important to help circulation in the feet. It’s called diabetic neuropathy. For this, one should consider types of compression socks to help with circulation. Check out this article on Characteristics of Diabetic Socks!
They’re so ugly and plain. Why are they so important anyway? Well, they aren’t so ugly and plain! There are plenty of different varieties of styles, colors, and uses in our socks that can be perfect for keeping happy feet. Some of our Best Sellers are diabetic socks that can be dressed up and down.
Now choosing the right ones for what you’re doing is important.
Socks4Life has any one of the following:
- Athletic Socks
- Casual socks
- Fashion socks
- Diabetic socks
Making the choice to buy special socks is a great first step to improving your overall health. The next step is choosing the right food.
Along with care of one’s feet and a healthy diet, one can control their diabetes. According to the American Diabetes Association, a healthy diet for someone with diabetes includes vegetables, whole grains, non-fat dairy products, and lean meats. Check out some resources put together by Socks4Life on diabetes and how to manage the symptoms.
Wearing the right socks is not only important as an Olympic athlete it’s also important in your daily life. Over 200 countries are competing for the most gold medals. The Summer Olympics are upon us and an important part of the games are the products that the athletes use to stay healthy. Most of them wear socks, with the exception of a few sports. Keeping one’s feet cool, dry, and healthy is an important part of the games.
The track and field athletes need special shoes to run, sprint, or throw as well as they do. They also need socks to go inside those shoes. Most runners swear by compression socks according to Competitor.com. They use them as a tool for recovery during and after they are running.
- Do wear socks that are breathable and made for athletic activity
- According to Greatist.com, you should not wear cotton socks. Rather, wearing acrylic is better, particularly when running.
- Don’t wear the same socks you’d wear to the office. That is wool or thin socks. Those won’t keep you cool and they will make your feet stink worse
- Do have some cushion in your socks, especially on the bottom. This way, your feet won’t hurt as much when you’re done.
- Always try on new sneakers with socks that you’d wear with them. You don’t want to fit thin socks and then have the shoes tight with thick socks.
Wearing proper footwear, as mentioned before is important for your health and well-being. Socks are the first defense when doing any sort of activity. Check out Socks4Life’s full line of athletic socks for men and women here.